- Contact Us
Village of Carbon Cliff, Illinois
Carbon Cliff, a name given to a Village back in the early 1830s when this area was once a very important center of the coal mining industry. On November 13th, 1906, voters of Hampton Township petitioned the county court for permission to incorporate as a village. December 8th, 1906, the inhabitants of the community gathered to vote on whether or not Carbon Cliff would become a village. With a vote of 55 to 28 in favor of the proposition, Carbon Cliff had become its own entity. The Village of Carbon Cliff was born and officially incorporated when six trustees took office on January 12, 1907. Since then we've grown into a strong bedroom community on the outskirts of the Quad Cities with several small businesses, two hotels, two gas stations and plenty of charm.
To Access the 2018 Consumer Confidence Report please click here...